Adjuvants are substances used with other plant-protection chemicals or fertilizers to improve the treatment performance.
Using adjuvants helps to:
- reduce surface tension of the working solution
- provide better coverage of the leaf surface
- improve the wettability of the leaf surface
- reduce the risk that the product may be washed away by rai
- improve the treatment effectiveness
- reduce foaming of the working solution
With the combined use of plant-protection products and adjuvants, lower doses of chemicals can be used without compromising the effectiveness of plant-protection.